Frequently Asked Questions.
1) What exactly is included with my registration?
a. Air and land transportation from Panama City to Bocas del Toro, Panama on Air Panama or a suitable substitute
b. Hotel accommodations at the Playa Tortuga Resort in Bocas del Toro
c. All breakfasts at the resort and official group dinners either at the resort or in Bocas.
d. Gratuities for breakfast and dinner.
e. All tours listed in the itinerary or substitutions if required by weather.
f. Gratuities for tour guides, but we encourage you to tip them as well.
g. Links to pictures from the trip
h. Support from facilitators including pre-trip conference calls and webinars
i. Access to the private Nomads Getaway Facebook page, where you can meet your fellow travelers and ask questions in between conference calls.
2) What do I have to pay for on my own?
a. Passport or VISA fees
b. Transportation to and from your home city to Panama
c. Your hotel and meals in Panama City before or after the trip to Bocas.
d. Lunches in Bocas and during excursions
f. Gratuities for hotel staff
g. Travel insurance
3) Can I bring my children? Sure, as long as they are 18 or older!
4) I don’t speak Spanish. Will I be able to communicate? The official language is Spanish but most people speak English.
5) Do I need Panamanian money? No, you can use your US dollars. You can also get more money as needed at the ATM.
6) What if I don’t want to do all of the excursions. Can I get a pro-rated rate? Sorry, but our pricing includes the excursions.
7) What happens if it rains? We will be there during rainy season, which keeps the costs down. We will plan alternative activities in case in rains.
8) What happens if I get sick or injured? Our facilitators will be trained in first aid and CPR, but cannot be responsible for you if you get hurt. We recommend that you buy travelers insurance that covers the kinds of activities you will be engaging in. We can provide links to reputable companies. We also recommend that you confer with your healthcare professional if you have any medical issues that might limit your participation. You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire so that we know of any medications or health issues in case you are hurt on the trip.
9) What if I just want to relax and chill? You are not required to do any of the group activities.
10) What will our average days be like? We have activities planned on some days and on others you are free to relax on your own. Most important, we want you to follow your own flow. Each morning, weather permitting, we will take a sunrise walk or do a sunrise meditation before breakfast. After dinner in the evenings, we will wind down with an oceanside sound healing session and guided meditation followed by a chat by the bar. We will also have board games and cards available for those who want to engage in friendly competition. You can also enjoy the Bocas nightlife on your own or in a group.
11) Will there be any workshops or seminars? Depending on what the group wants, we are prepared to offer workshops or sessions on self care strategies, cooking lessons, Tai Chi, the use of essential oils and crystals, dance lessons, or basic Spanish.
12) What can I do during the free days? You can enjoy the hotel amenities, go for a horseback ride, learn to surf, take a yoga class, snorkel, kayak, shop, or just relax. We will provide a list of things to do close by and when we can, we will get discounts for you.
13) What happens if I need to cancel? Sorry, we will not provide any refunds. You may transfer your registration to a person who has not already booked or you can choose a credit toward a future Nomads trip.